August 21, 2014

Inspired Style: Miranda Kerr

I'm so excited to put up another "Inspired Style" post, this time on the infamously gorgeous former 'Victoria's Secret Angel' Miranda Kerr. In case you haven't seen them yet, check out my "Inspired Style" posts on Ariana Grande and Selena Gomez. In this series,  I choose some photos of a celebrity and recreate looks based on what they're wearing- so here we go!


photo credit: 3V0M via photopin cc


This first picture was taken of Miranda when she modeled and hosted a panel at a David Jones fashion event. She took the classic little black dress and added strappy heels and a brown leather jacket for for a chic, wearable look. I recreated this look (which is perfect for a night out) using the same basic pieces and added some textured gold hoops for a bit more interest. I especially love the back-detail on the dress because with the jacket it looks simple but when you take it off you have can show off the cool detailing.

photo credit: loquevenm via photopin cc


This candid picture of Miranda showcases her super-sophisticated casual style. She wears these skinny cropped pants very often, and I love that she paired them with a loose blouse to flatter her figure. The sheer polka-dot pattern is very trendy, and so are the cat eye sunglasses! The nude heels make your legs look super long and work perfectly with the cropped pant. The large tote is perfect for on-the-go girls because you'll be able to fit everything you need for the day!


photo credit: 7he Architect via photopin cc


The picture I used as inspiration for this last look only show's Miranda's top half, but that was enough for me to create an inspired outfit. I chose a top that had the same neckline and a light, floral pattern, and complemented it with simple dark skinny jeans and brown wedges. The blush color of the bag works perfectly with the rest of the outfit and adds some structure to the look.

Let me know if there are any celebrities you'd like to see an "Inspired Style" post on- I have so much fun with these! Thank you guys for reading!