August 13, 2014

Inspired Style: Selena Gomez

Hey guys! So today I'm going to be kicking off a celebrity-inspired fashion series on my blog. I absolutely love browsing through photos of celebrities and I always get caught up with their fantastic outfits- and it feels awesome when you can figure out how to craft an inspired look out of items from your closet or less expensive items from the stores. These posts will have one or several pictures of a celebrity and some ideas for outfits inspired by their looks. First up, this picture of Selena Gomez at the 2011 MTV Movie Awards!


                                          photo by AleeDear licensed by CC BY 2.0


 After a bit of web browsing, this is what I came up with (links below):
Solid Bandage Skirt bebe ; Sleeveless scallop tank guess ; BCBG Paris Gaminkha Patent Pump in White- DSW ; No Place Like Roam Necklace - Modcloth


Now obviously this outfit isn't an exact look-a-like, but that's what an "inspired" look is all about! It's fun to find something you like and figure out how to put your own twist on it, and that's exactly what I did with this outfit. I kept the overall color scheme and silhouette of Selena's outfit, but I used a necklace to incorporate the teal accent and went with more neutral base pieces. One of the great things about using simple, neutral pieces is that they are more versatile, so you can use them in tons of other looks too! You could do tons of things with a scalloped tank (like wearing them with cutoffs, as the model shows), but this is a fun way to dress one up. I hope you guys enjoyed this post, and I'm definitely going to be doing more "Inspired Style" posts in the near future because they are so much fun for me!

Let me know if there are any celebs you'd like to see a post on, I'd be happy to look around and put something together for you!