Fall Makeup Wish List

by - October 11, 2014

I don't know if you guys can tell, but I'm beyond ready for fall. Yesterday I wrote about 23 DIY Fall Home Decor Tutorials, and a little while ago I put together a post on 8 Fall Fashion Trends for 2014. I'm keeping up that trend today with a list of some makeup products that I'm totally lusting after to spruce up my beauty routine this fall. Some of these are new to the market and items are ones that I haven't had a chance to try yet, but I kept it to colors and textures that are very autumn-appropriate. So here are 11 products that I plan to add to my collection within the next couple weeks.

Essence All About Nude Eyeshadow Palette photo credit

This picture speaks for itself, really. Of the Essence products I've tried before, I've honestly loved them all. These shadows look so buttery and smooth, and the shades would be perfect for fall but would easily work year-round. It sells at Ulta for only $4.99...that's less than $1 per shadow, and I'd definitely use all the shades in this palette. 


Kylie Jenner's mauve lip color has been huge for months now, and it would make a perfect fall lip. I've searched around a bit to find out which products she's using and came across this MAC lip pencil in Whirl. I've tried some other lip products that have been close to her color, but I'd love to have the one she uses because, well, her look is gorgeous.

LORAC Front of the Line Pro Liquid Eyeliner

The liquid eyeliners that come in pens like these are by far the easiest to use, in my opinion. I'm currently using the Physicians Formula liquid eyeliner and I like it well enough, but this one is new from Lorac and it's got good reviews so far- it'd be great to try out some new bold looks with this liner!

e.l.f. Mineral Pearls in Natural

I love a flawless, matte complexion during the fall and winter months, but a touch of color and radiance is always welcome. These mineral pearls are really a highlighting product, but the colors of the pearls would add a touch of pinkish-brown that would be perfect for fall. 


A makeup obsession of mine that's definitely not specific to fall is mascara. Trying out new mascaras is always fun, and I love to pick up a new one whenever I'm at the drugstore or supermarket. This is one of the newest formulas at the drugstore, and I liked the original Voluminous Butterfly mascara so I'm excited to try it out!


I'm a foundation/tinted moisturizer/BB cream/all things complexion-correcting junkie, and although I've found some that I love, I'm always on the search for something better. The fall and winter seasons are perfect for more full-coverage looks because you don't have to worry about the products melting off your face. Pixi is available at Target, and this foundation boasts several skin benefits along with medium to full coverage, so I plan to pick it up next time I'm there. 


Some of the newest lip products at the drugstore are these NYX lip creams from their 'Vamp' collection. The collection features bold, dark colors which pair perfectly with subtle, neutral eye makeup. They're only $4 each, too, so adding a few to your lip product collection certainly wouldn't break the bank.

Jouer Mineral Powder Blush in Bougainvillea

There are several great blushes at the drugstore, but to be honest I've tried mostly all of them at this point and it's fun to splurge a little on more high-end, beautifully packaged blushes from time to time. Jouer is a great brand when it comes to face makeup, and this mineral-infused blush in Bougainvillea is a gorgeous mauve-plum shade that feels like fall. 

Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadows photo credit

This Milani gel powder eyeshadows are new to the drugstore and come in 30 different colors! While the bold, bright colors aren't my cup of tea, all the shades shown above are beautiful and great for autumn looks. They sell for about $6.50 each, so I'd pick up a couple to try out the cool, innovative formula that claims to "go on like a gel-cream and dry to a powdery finish".


Not exactly a makeup product, per say, but changing your nail color is a perfect way to get into the fall spirit. Some of my favorite nail colors for fall are burgundy, gold, plum and navy, but this gold glitter would be perfect as well. I definitely hope I can find this next time I'm at Ulta because it's absolutely beautiful. 


Have you tried the 'Better Than Sex' mascara from Too Faced yet? I'm not just saying this, but it's without a doubt my new favorite mascara (and I wrote about a dupe for it here). Too Faced cosmetics are great albeit a little pricey, and buying bundles like these is a great way to save on higher-end products. This is their fall 2014 collection, and it includes some of their most popular products (the Melted liquified lipsticks and the eyeshadow primer are some of their bestsellers) along with a pretty eyeshadow quad and a fun blush/highlighting 'heart'. 

What are some makeup products you all are excited to use in the upcoming fall months? Let me know, because I'm always looking for new products to try! Happy Sunday and have a great week everyone.


You May Also Like

0 comments